Re: Anyone looking for parts?

Dave Ewing wrote:

> Unless I'm mistaken, I believe NGK is the spark plug of choice of quite a
> few people on the list, plus, not all of us (I would even guess close to a
> meager 1/3) actually do our own work so I would suspect that there are quite
> a few of the Sciroccos and VWs in general on this list with non-German parts
> on them.  Granted, they may not know it and wouldn't necessarily choose this
> but still, just an observation.

Posibly. I have a raybestos caliper bushing kit on my front brakes
because it was avaialable and decent quality.

> This reminds me of Jonas and his typing dilema.  We all decided that just
> DELETING was the answer since Jonas did have some good information/parts for
> sale once in a while.  Why can't this be the same?

Not ALL of us, I for one would and could read them despite the trouble.

> Why do we all have to
> pay more money for parts when a few of us prefer German or dislike spamming?
> Why can't the people who don't want to see the parts people have for sale
> just delete?

Because this opens the door to 'Spam what you want and we will just
delete them'. Not an option IMO. There is a way to post available parts
but dude got his knickers twisted and wouldn't play ball.

> I am not necessarily on either side of this, just "all for"
> cheap parts.  JP is apparantly gone so we don't need to keep slamming him
> but we do need to decide what we should do.  Either allow some type of
> spamming (which is kind of a harsh word for what I am seeing as
> "advetising"), or set up some type of parts forum that is linked to the
> list.
>
> Dave

Dave, you have what seems like the Devil's Advocacy here, good for you,
no attacks from me, eh?

TBerk
If things don't go your way, that makes it Mob Rule or PC Politics? Mind
the feedback you generate.