From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of MrAudi
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2001 2:37 AM
To: Tobias ><; scirocco-mail list
Subject: Re: Idle problems

ok i should probably share a little more about this car. I bought it with
the timing belt cover in the trunk. the car woiuld idle great. but it had no
low end power. i would have to mash the gas to pull out all the time. the
first thing i tried was advancing the timing alittle. well even with the
dist. advanced all the way it still had no power. then i started thinking
about the timing cover being off. i loosened the timing belt tensioner
pulley and advanced the timing one tooth. a quick drive reaveled much more
low end power. top end seemed to be unchanged. the idle adjustment screw is
adjusted so the butterflys close just enough to trip the idle switch on the
throttle body. the idle air screw is turned all the way in, just as it was
when i bought the car a few weeks ago..........