Re: Holy, holy, holy...

>Josh,
>    Smaller holes (badges) can be filled with bondo. Spoiler holes should be
>welded (they are too big for bondo, it will crack over time (trust me).
>    The best thing to do is to remove all windows+seals. Pretty much
>anything that is rubber and overlaps the frame and would have to otherwise
>be taped off.
>Al

Good advice, and I'd add a bit of my own personal experience to this.
When I had my trunk badge holes filled, Kirk (the painter / body-man)
actually punched decently sized divits (dents) centered on each
hole.  The reason was that when you fill those holes with bondo, only
the tiny edge of metal is holding it.  When you create a small dent,
you get grip for the fill across a much larger area.  Now the holes
can be welded shut, and then the whole 'dent' can be filled with authority.
I've seen bondo of the tiny holes fall out...I won't say where though. :)

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net