[?] Intake Boot Sealing

Symptoms are: Car "bucking" above 80mph, when trying to overtake or get
going from low rpms, sometimes bucks when ideling and idles at ~600 while
being set to 800, doesn't start well, and cannot pull over 4000 rpm.

On good days it won't do anything except not pull above 4000rpm and buck
over 80mph.

I caught a thread on Vortex in which people suggested that the problem could
be related to a leaking intake boot. The problem started after the
distributor incident - for which I removed/attached the boot well over 30
times, and not all to gently either.

Question is: is there anything I can do/use to seal the boot, even just as a
short term solution? Some type of silicon etc solution to breathe some life
back into the rubber?

TIA,
Tobias