Re: Anyone looking for parts?

>From: "Brian Haygood" <Scirious@hotmail.com>
>To: "J P" <californiavw@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: Anyone looking for parts?
>Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 16:35:23 -0500

>I also don't get the thing about people being pissed because you had jag
>parts.  It was obvious to me that you were listing VW parts that could also
>be used in other cars.  I think everyone overreacted.

Yupers, when will people learn they make parts for other cars other than
scirocco, and some of them, just happen to fit on rocco's too.

>Funny thing is, if you can save me a buck, then I want to know about
>it, and I don't care how much spam it is.  >Brian Haygood

Well this ones for you brian buddy
To all you guys saying I'm bashing potterman or giving him shit,
I wasn't bashing Potterman, I was simple saying you pay too much for his
shit, get over it.  But I guess the free candy makes it all better, right
Sal?
Ok,
here is a little sample, just an example,
Lets say I'm going through my 87, and I'm finding all sorts of old and
damaged parts on my car, that need replaced.
So I go over to Pottermans site.
First thing I need is a Timing Chain, he has em for 17 and I found them for
14. umm, not much of a difference but lets move on.

Next I need a 1.8 Head Gasket Set.  He charges 60 bucks for the whole set,
while I have found it for $17 threw Dave.
Next lets see what I can get for a front wheel bearing, well golle
gee, he wants $18 bucks for one, when Dave has em for $10.

How about a clutch disc??  50 at pottermans and 15 threw Dave.
How about finding a Master Cylinder for under 20 dollars????
Not at pottermans, cause he's chargin $110.

Remanufactured Power Steering Rack??  Potterman has one of these on his
site, only not for $45 like Dave gets.  But for $200, and he wants your old
one core too.

Gee I guess all that free candy makes up for the price huh?

>The Pottermans are not only helpful and honest suppliers of everything >my
>VW
>needs, they are also good friends to most on the list.

I never disputed this poeple.  I have ordered stuff from him, and he's a
good guy.  But I won't anymore, becasue I've found out what he pays for the
parts he sells.

Look, if you want to live in your plastic bubble, by all means I won't pop
it for you, ok.   But the next time I need something like a balljoint for my
mk1, You think I'm gona pay $7 or $18?  Maybe I'll pay the extra 11 bucks so
I can get some free candy and be a cool scirocco guy like all of you.

PS I don't really care if you like me or if half the list thinks I'm a total
ass.  Fact of the matter is "I" won't be feeling/looking like an ass the
next time I order parts for either one of my rocco's.