[drive train?] crunching leaves

that's right, when I am driving down the road (usually under hard
acceleration) I get the sound of crunching leaves. I think the clutch is
shot. And here's why:
if I'm in traffic and let out partially on the clutch in first and then push
the clutch in again, it was kinda grabbing a little bit. But not enough to
move the car. I don't hear that sound or feel that sensation anymore. If
anyone wants to hear the sound, feel free to e-mail me with your number and
I'll call you real quick and drive the car around the cul de sac a few
times.
This sound isn't accompanied by any kind of shaking or crunchy feelings in
handling (as was the case when my AGB tranny did the SMS on me).
I got the cv joints swapped with the truck, so it's not a cv issue.

I'll probably have an answer tomorrow when something goes cowshit down
there....so I'll be sure to share the experience then. In the meantime, if
anyone else has any ideas, I'm open to 'em. I'd rather fix her now then wait
& fix more shit later.

Thanx!

Dan
'87 16v 'Rocco