From: "Bill Collins" <photo@intrex.net>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2001 7:59 AM
Subject: Re: Sputtering Jetta...Found Thanks????

> >sometimes if your really,and i mean REALLY lucky the injectors will pop
out
> >with a big screw driver.
>
> I've never been that lucky.
>
> >i guess if that doesn't work you will need ot find
> >the tool to pull them out. good luck. i broke two injectors on my 5cyl
>audi  trying to get them out.
>
> Just get the tool.  At less than $10 its much cheaper than a broken
injector or injured hand!  I bought the tool after breaking an injector on
my jetta. (that was fun, the o rings had turned to stone, I tried to pull
the injector with a screw driver, then with vise grips.  The top of the
injector popped out, leaving the lower half stuck in the head)  I just
pulled the injectors on my Scirocco and it was easy using the tool, but I
still bent the screwdriver used to pry on the tool.  Those o rings weren't
quite stone, but they sure put up a fight.  Rubber is just not ment to live
in the head of an engine for 15 years.

> Funny thing is that the Bentley says to just grab the injector and pull it
out! (I think the newer ones at least mention the tool)