Re: Sputtering Jetta...Found Thanks????

>sometimes if your really,and i mean REALLY lucky the injectors will pop out
>with a big screw driver.

I've never been that lucky.

>i guess if that doesn't work you will need ot find
>the tool to pull them out. good luck. i broke two injectors on my 5cyl >audi  trying to get them out.

Just get the tool.  At less than $10 its much cheaper than a broken injector or injured hand!  I bought the tool after breaking an injector on my jetta. (that was fun, the o rings had turned to stone, I tried to pull the injector with a screw driver, then with vise grips.  The top of the injector popped out, leaving the lower half stuck in the head)  I just pulled the injectors on my Scirocco and it was easy using the tool, but I still bent the screwdriver used to pry on the tool.  Those o rings weren't quite stone, but they sure put up a fight.  Rubber is just not ment to live in the head of an engine for 15 years.

Funny thing is that the Bentley says to just grab the injector and pull it out! (I think the newer ones at least mention the tool)

Bill