RE: Car alarms?

I would be careful with low end alarms.  Most of these will have one fuse for
the whole system, and shorting this fuse will disable the system.  It has been
a fews years, but IIRC even the lower end Alpine's had one fuse for all
"circuits" i.e. parking lights, alarm, door sensors, glass sensor, etc....

Clifford was a very popular choice for many reason's, one being it uses
seperate circuit breakers for all circuits.  Unfortunately Clifford is not
cheap.  Whichever ones you look at check out if it has a fuse or breakers...
The parking light trick they do on the hotrod in Gone in Sixty seconds actually
works...

HTH,
Matt
'87 16v roc