RE: Car alarms?

I wasn't trying to say they were completely worthless, just that you
should look around and buy the cheapest one you can find. I have
found that in the low end they are pretty much all the same, so there
is little point in worrying about brand name. If you start wanting
special features like pager support, cabin motion sensors, ignition
cutoff, and the like, then the brand becomes more important, but in
the under $150 install it yourself category, they are all pretty much
the same.

The goal is to overcome the deliberate nature of the process.