Intakes/ECU's/Ignition - was Passat TB

Just remembered something I was figuring out a few months ago concerning
this.  If you want a more accurate way to measure air coming in to the
engine, use a hot wire air mass sensor like any decent modern car does.  It
has a variable voltage output just like a TPS, and all of the fancy
controlling and stuff is done inside the sensor's own unit.  So you just
give it power and ground and read the signal, just like a TPS.  I don't know
the voltage range, so you might have to scale it or something, but it should
work better than a TPS, right?

The part I didn't figure out was how this would mess with the correction
factors in an ECU that thinks it's reading TPS.  The temperature
compensation map can be flat-lined because the Mass-air accounts for that.
Only thing I know of that it doesn't account for within the sensor is
humidity, but no other system does either, right?

So I'd review my thermodynamics before I attempted it, but it sounds like a
much more reliable and accurate fuel metering solution (which is why new
VW's use it, huh).

So that leaves me with a corvette dual throttle body split to twin mass air
sensors, right?  Anyone keeping track of how much these dreams are costing
me?

-BH