Re: stroker cranks

--- Randy B <sirocco@telocity.com> wrote:
> > (bore/2)^2 * pi * stroke * (# of cyls) / 1000
>
> Why do you divide the bore by 2 and then square it, I don't follow
> the logic
> even though the answer is correct?

To find volume of a cylinder you multiply its cross sectional area (
area of the bore) by the height (stroke).

The area of any circle is pi*radius^2.  Bore/2=radius.  So, you divide
the bore by 2 for use in this equation.

> Would this equation work on other than 4cyl engines?

(dope slap) Yes, see where it says "(# of cyls)"?  You'd put the number
of cylinders there.  For a 4-cylinder, that would be "4".

Caught you napping, huh?  ;P  Sorry to be such a smartass, but all in
good fun...right?

> Randy
> (wish i'd paid more attention during my algebra classes)

(dope slap #2) You slept through geometry too!  They didn't teach this
in Algebra!  Somebody stop me...Randy's gonna slap me if we ever
meet...

(ducking)
Ron

=====
Cheapass Ron
"Victor" '87 16V Scirocco, ("Victor")
"Teufelhasen" '93 Cabby <-For sale

You will regret more what you didn't do and could have than what you did do and shouldn't have.