Re: Getting ready for next year

Hey Christian, since you missed the last local event, check out the
results...

<http://www.kcrscca.org/solo/results/s2res08.htm>

I got my ass kicked by Ron Williams and Russell Blume both driving Ron's
'new' GS MX-6, which is staying in GS next year.  He doesn't even have
it set up yet (although mine isn't either).  Even if you were a miracle
driver in a totally setup GS Scirocco 16V, there is no chance of hanging
with Ron at the KCR/Crown events, especially after he gets his shocks
and Hoosiers.

It would be a lot more fun running in DSP, but I don't think anyone
locally runs DSP.  Nationally, a setup Scirocco 16V doesn't have a
prayer in DSP.  You'd have to deal with the BMWs and Fiat X1/9s.

My best advice is if you're concerned about being competitive, you're
going to need a different car.  As you already know, I autoxed a
Scirocco 16V in Utah for a year and a half.  It was fun while I was
learning, but after I while I wanted to see how I could do against other
drivers with a more competitive car.  Run your 325ix next year!  It
would nice to have more local competition for DS next year.

Mike