Oil Cooler sandwich adapter compatability?

On ebay there is an oil cooler adapter that the seller claims can be
used on aircooled engines (he cites Bus and 914) as well as nearly all
watercooled applications.  Can someone tell me if this is true?

Also, what other cars might a sandwich adapter be taken from?  I have
heard Porsche and Volvo but would like some confirmation.

Thx and beers,

=====
Cheapass Ron
"Victor" '87 16V Scirocco, ("Victor")
"Teufelhasen" '93 Cabby <-For sale

You will regret more what you didn't do and could have than what you did do and shouldn't have.