from webster's online

I thought I remembered a thread about the meaning of the word that denotes one of the greatest cars ever manufactured, so here ya go:

Etymology: Italian scirocco, sirocco, from Arabic sharq east
Date: 1617
1 a : a hot dust-laden wind from the Libyan deserts that blows on the northern Mediterranean coast chiefly in Italy, Malta, and Sicily b : a warm moist oppressive southeast wind in the same regions
2
: a hot or warm wind of cyclonic origin from an arid or heated region

and just for kicks:

bo·ra
Pronunciation:
'bOr-&, 'bor-
Function: noun
Etymology: Italian, from Italian dialect (Trieste), from Latin boreas
Date: 1864
: a violent cold northerly wind of the Adriatic