Re: A3 Rear Calipers on a Roc

Yes - I have A3 rear calipers on my 91 Scirocco
Whats involved - Scirocco 16v handbrake cables for a
start (Easy to source in the UK - er No). To get them
to fit i had to cut about 1.5cm from the little
tunnels where they go into the body.
Brake lines - 16v Goodridge kit saved my bacon there.
I just had to get a bracket fabricated to carry the
brake line. Took about 2 hours to do a complete swap
from drums to discs with A3 calipers.

Andy

 --- Brad Sayer <vwrocco85@hotmail.com> wrote: > I
know there was some talk of putting A3 rear
> calipers on our cars.  Has
> anyone successfully done this, and can tell me what
> is involved in making
> the brake lines and ebrake cables work right?  I am
> looking at replacing
> these in the next couple of weeks and would rather
> not have to buy new ones
> at $149 each!
>
> Brad

=====