Re: Passat 16v throttlebody on Scirocco?

> Dave, are you saying that the **Passat Motronic 16v** throttle switch is
> only on/off? It is not a potentiometer?

Exactamoondo!

> Are these available on any 16v
> motors?

Not that I am familiar with.

> I am curious as because I thought that that I'd install my TEC-II
> system on the "stock" motor before I do the Badger5 throttlebodies. This
> pretty much requires a real TPS.

Were you planning on using the 2.0L 16v TB?  You may find that a BMW or
Mercedes Motronic system uses the potentiometer style but I am not sure of
years.  You may also find other potentiometer style TPSs on a lot of other
cars (foreign and domestic) that uses the same size D shaft that the 16v TB
uses.  HTH!!

> Oh, and I just paid for one of these about 20 minutes ago. (sigh)

Sorry!!

Dave