Re: Battery Light (+ good tech info) - techies MUST READ

In a message dated 11/6/01 9:09:46 PM Eastern Standard Time, amalventano1@home.com writes:

Or perhaps the alternator, new or old, needed
1200 rpm to flash the field. Just as our cars got older, they didnt spring
to life after starting like they used to, hence the light.

This to me sounds like the most logical of all the explanations.  Somtimes my car will start like this.  Vroom up the Rmps shutting off the light by itself and then settling down to 900rpms, I think this is how its supposed to be.

Brian 86 16v
98 Jetta GLX Vr6

http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html