Re: Was lug bolts, now US vs. German engineering

They are! I suspect that you'll find that most of them are, or were
recently, owned by people with deep wallets or the time to spend maintaining
them or are just complete sheds, unless they have spent their life garaged.
They ( in fact anything which emerged from British Leyland in the 70's) make
alfas look like paragons of reliability & rustproofing.

Ewan Hopkins...

'85 Storm 2.0
'86 GT 1.8
'87 GT 1.6