Re: aftermarket or other VW seat

Matt,
I am running a pair of 87 Jetta 16V GLI "Recaro" seats in my Mk1 Scirocco.
These seats came in 87-92 Jetta GLI 16V and GTI 16V. I believe fabric was
different between certain years/models but the seat was the same.
These are by far the BEST! OEM seat I have ever had in a car.
They (mine are the silver cloth with black pleather sides) also look awesome
in my black interior Scirocco. :^)

They do require you to purchase a pair of aftermarket Recaro bases/brackets
for the Scirocco in order to mount them tho'.
The bright side is you can sell the OEM power bases for $$$$$ on E-bay

HTH

Randy

> Has anyone had good luck installing other VW seats in their Scirocco?
>
> I have yet to find a decent Scirocco seat... I would be interested in a
Corrado
> seat, but there seems to be conflicting reports on whether this is a
direct
> bolt in or not.  The local VW salvage sold me a seat that was out of a
Jetta or