RE: Fuel rail/garret chip/advise needed.

Mike, I can't tell you about the Motronic stuff, but I've got questions of
my own:

> Here is the build:   2L 16V, 1.8l 16V head, ported, portmatched
> throughout, shaved to 11:1 compression

Your engine spec is nice! -kinda reminds me of mine but taken a little
farther in some areas. My question to you is how is that 11:1 CR treating
you? I am running the standard 10.8:1 right now and have considered a
thinner headgasket to bring it to 11.2:1.

> thermal coated manifolds, thermal coated
> TT race down pipe,

Whose coatings are you using? I am very pleased with what I got from Swain
Technologies. My Scirocco is untreated, but my Mazda 323GTX is loving it so
far. I did the thermal coating on the piston tops, the combustion chamber,
and the back of the exhaust valves. I also did the piston skirts in their
dry film lubricant (not Teflon which scuffs off in time).

Have you made any projections as to how this will increase performance on a
normally aspirated motor?
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut