Re: [RE: speaking of new VW's]

"Patrick Bureau" <patricdlc@hotmail.com> wrote:
American car re-issuing scheme are usually very disapointing.

Chevrolet Nova is a perfect exemple, Nice hatch back model in the 70's and I
used to love driving my "police pack" modified Nova, a couple of years they
re-issued the "nova" , geez can we say super-3 cylinder compact car.. no
relation what so ever.

We had a 87 Nova (aka Corolla), boring but reliable, actually made by Toyota,
when I started driving in the 70's, they were the exact opposite, gas
guzzling, tire smoking, heavy awe inspiring beasts. Why they stuck the Nova
tag on ours was a mystery. Lay the names to rest I say, or honour the
original. We'd never like a new Rocc aanyway, and half of us would be too
broke/cheap to buy one.