From: eric tomorrow [mailto:eric_rocco@hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2001 2:03 PM
To: jason@scirocco.org; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: re: Euro parts and the Law/Cops

>.  And if they give you any shit about
>it, tell the Judge that the new Honda Civics, Toyota Corollas, and
>countless hundreds of other cars now use H4 bulbs, so he can shove the
>ticket up his ass. :)

you could also ask him: in what state clear turn signals with clear bulbs
are legal? and the "euro style" (read as pep boys) the clear with all the
crappy plastic chrome tail lights are extemely dangerous, since it' hard to
tell when the are braking. if you ever need an example, check out how many
body shops have rear ended hondas in the lot.

\eric tomorrow
'87 scirocco 16v
'69 bradley gt

cobra racing
~philadelphia~

any emails to me directly can be sent to: etomorrow@mlcrew.com
i check that account more often than i do this one.
thanks.

>From: 16V Jason <jason@scirocco.org>
>To: scirocco list <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
>Subject: Re: Euro parts and the Law/Cops
>Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 15:00:45 -0500
>
>4 years, Euro Bumpers, Euro lights, 90/100w H4s + 100 H3s.  Not a single
>problem.
>
>1.  Bumpers are not a requirement.  They are required to be on the car when
>it is sold, but are not required to be on the car for it to be on the
>road.  Look at the completely legal Chevy S-10 rear bumper delete.  You
>cannot get in trouble for your bumpers.
>
>2.  Lights.  If they're aimed properly, no one will know the
>difference.  Nobody knows what the hell a Scirocco is anyway, forget about
>what the original lights looked like.  And if they give you any shit about
>it, tell the Judge that the new Honda Civics, Toyota Corollas, and
>countless hundreds of other cars now use H4 bulbs, so he can shove the
>ticket up his ass. :)
>
>Jason
>

>At 11:02 AM 11/2/2001, Blake P. Pelzer wrote:
>>When I bought my car, the PO and I were drving back and got pulled over
>>for  not having a  front license plate (this was Ohio, by the way). This
>>was the only time I've had trouble.
>>
>>Blake

>> > Maybe we should start importing all these "worthless"
>> > Sciroccos from Germany then...?  Would be a way to save
>> > them I suppose.  ;p
>> >

>> > =====
>> > Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
>> > '80, '85, & '88 Sciroccos
>> > '82 Pickup
>> > '90 Passat Wagon
>> > '87 Scirocco 16v - FOR SALE!

>>majordomo@scirocco.org
>> >

>>--
>>Email LIST problems to: scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org.

[Disclaimer]This e-mail is strictly confidential and intended solely for the
addressee. It may contain information which is covered by legal,
professional, or other privilege. If you are not the intended addressee you
must not use, disclose, or copy this transmission. This E-mail is not
intended to impose nor shall it be construed as imposing any legally binding
obligation upon GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics Inc. and/or any of its
subsidiaries or associated companies. Neither GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics
Inc. nor any of its subsidiaries or associated companies gives any
representation or warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the
contents of this E-mail. GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics Inc. shall not be held
liable to any person resulting from the use of any information contained in
this E-mail and shall not be liable to any person who acts or omits to do
anything in reliance upon it.