Re: Clutch cable question

On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 02:10:25AM -0500, Accidi2000@aol.com wrote:
> List,
>
> I just got a new 210mm clutch(oem) put in my 88 16v rocco, but the stock self
> adjusting cable is worn out, my question is should i just order another one
> of these, or would it be ok to order a non self adjusting cable from
> techtonics,

The manual adjust cable is MUCH better than the self adjuster.  I've had 2
of the self adjust cables fail, one of them toasted the throwout bearing
and the clutch pushrod ends o bad I had to pull the tranny to replace it.

> is there a major diffrence???

The manual adjust cabler is a bit shorter.  You will need to route it
under the rubber intake boot, rather than over it like the self-adjust
type.

Dan

--
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers
exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
(HHGTG)