Re:

Right on!!  After stripping out the gears in the minibikes we rented we also
got lost while in spain on mopeds!  The funny thing was that they wouldn't
accept our military IDs for renting them and our licenses were expired so my
friend used his Malibu Grand Prix license and that did the trick!!  Also got
smashed going accross the English channel on one of the ferries and played
spin the bottle with some Brits.  BUT, even though I did visit the bars
close to our unit that wasn't the extent of my travels which is the case for
most people who describe their military stint as "it really sucked!!".  The
military isn't any different than any other part of your life: It is what
you make of it.  Of course having a optomistic point of view helps and
someone to take you by the collar and drag you around to all the cool
places!!  I do plan on going back someday but, unfortuneately, may not be
with the kids.

Dave