Re:

I've been in the Air Force 10 years now and enjoy it.  I am already on
my 5th assignment.  I've seen more places of the world than I ever
expected.  My first assignment was Grand Forks, North Dakota and hell -
I even enjoyed that.  Well ok, I met my wife there.  :-)  Since then, I
was assigned to Korea, Germany, Utah and now Missouri working with the
B-2.  I've also been on temporary assignments to Las Vegas (twice - two
paid vacations - heh), Roswell New Mexico, Wichita Falls TX, Yuba City
CA, Turkey, Spain and while stationed in Utah, I went back to Ramstein
AB in Germany for a few months during the Kosovo thing.  While stationed
at Spangdahlem in Germany from 94-97, it was a quick drive to Holland,
Belgium, Luxembourg, France, 50 miles from the Nürburgring track, etc.

The job you end up with makes a difference of course.  With the last 10
years of observing Air Force people, I can tell you that security police
and cooks don't seem to be too happy. People who seem the happiest with
their jobs are in the medical field.  They are treated well and they
have the experience for when they get out.  There are also jobs that
limit you to where you can be stationed, so make sure you check into
that before accepting a career field.  Being in one place can get kind
of old after a while.

With the recent breakout of people losing their jobs, having job
security is nice too.  I couldn't imagine losing my job and really feel
for those people...

Mike