Re: Will TT tall-block DP work w/ stock JH setup?

On Thu, 1 Nov 2001 17:37:04 -0500 (EST) Mardak Fandango
<maardak@yahoo.ca> writes:
> Just curious, my friend is buying a complete exhaust
> system, including a TT downpipe for his JH MKII.
> Since he plans on doing an ABA swap next summer, will
> the TT downpipe w/ the extra 16mm (for the tall-block
> swap) fit ok on his present configuration?  I've got a
> TT downpipe on my MKI, and it's pretty tight against
> the heat shield - an extra 16mm would actually be
> better...  Any possible fit problems???
>
>   Thanks,
>
>     Mark.

The angle of the downpipe flange at the cat would be off...

I'd install the cat-back by itself for now, and then add the dual exhaust
manifold/TT DP with the ABA.

Peter - <http://thescirocco.com> - Discount Techtonics, Peloquin LSD,
Autotech-Quaife USA, Ronal USA, Motorworks, & Magnecor Dealer -  Bear, DE
19701
'79 Scirocco 16V 25 049
'83 GTI 37 505
'84.5 Scirocco 42 133
'84 GTI 63 348  - SciRollers: '79 70 900, '84 Black, '88 Red -
 <http://feedbyte.com>