RE: I'm an idiot.

> What's the heftiest street-able
> (and affordable) pressure plate I can get for it?

The only pressure plate that you need to consider is the stock 16v unit. It
will hold *plenty* of power.

 And what's the best 8V disk?

Likewise, the stock 210mm Sachs disk is all you need. VW over-engineered
these parts to begin with. You'll be fine.

> Can I take my old flywheel to a machine shop with the new pressure
> plate and have them lighten and balance the assembly for me?

Yes. It is a fairly simply affair to do. I run a lightened flywheel in my
Rocco and had one in the Warpig, too. -works great.
Scott F. Williams
Account Manager
GENUiTY - Eastern Region
100 Wall Street, 10th Floor