RE: Speeding is good? No I don't agree...

Patrick wrote:
"Btw, just to let you know all emergency vehicles has absolutely no above the
law rule, as to passing on red lights, cutting in traffic or excessive
speeding on roads."

Here's the long truth:

Per Arizona Revised Statutes 28-624 "Authorized Emergency Vehicles":
A)If an authorized emergency vehicle is driven in response to an emergency call, in pursuit of an actual or suspected violator of law or in response to but not on return from a fire alarm, the driver may exercise the privileges provided in this section subject to the conditions stated in this section.
B)If the driver of an authorized emergency vehicle is operating at least one red or red and blue light or lens visible under normal atmospheric conditions from a distance of 500 feet to the front of the vehicle the driver may:
  1)Not withstanding this chapter, park or stand.
  2)Proceed past a red or stop signal or stop sign, but only after slowing down as necessary for safe operation.
  3)Exceed the prima facie speed limits if the driver does not endanger life or property.
  4)Disregard laws or rules governing the direction of movement or turning in specified directions.

C) (This is a long section dealing with sirens which I left out)

And most importantly,

D)This section does not relieve the driver of an authorized emergency vehicle from the duty to drive with due regard for the safety of all persons and does not protect the driver from the consequences of the driver's reckless disregard for the safety of others.

In addition to this almost every agency has it's own policies even further restricting when "busting" an intersection or high speed is appropriate.

Probably opened myself up to an "I hate fucking cops" flame war, but, oh well.  Just passing on the info.

Tom