From: Eric L Ellis [mailto:elf16v@juno.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2001 3:25 PM
To: NastyRican1021@aol.com
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: taillights (mk2?) - jelly or syrup?

BARF!!! <splat-plop-plip> Just the idea and mental picture makes me
sick...sorry.

I would think you could make your own out of lexan (for an MK2).  You'd
have no reflector properties (ie the little ridges on the inside of your
lens) so the light coming out would be flat.  Keeping your brake lights
from appearing a shade of "toss my salad pink 'cause I like that sort of
thing" might prove to be the biggest challenge.  Perhaps those little LED
1157/1156 bulbs would work.

My thought is based from my experience with bending lexan and plexiglass
with low heat.  If you "remove" the existing lenses, you could bend the
clear material to conform to the contours of the light housing.  A little
glue, and off you go...with your pink ass.  Another thought, use a
shallow 'V' shaped bit in a router/rotary tool to cut the reflector
pattern on the back/inside.  Then make some quick passes with a torch and
the cut areas will go clear again.  Lots of work there, and obviously the
material would need to be flat at the time of cutting the reflector.  A
two person job, I'd say.

Maybe I'm just talking out of my ass!?

Eric
Good, bad...I'm the guy with the gun!
http://www.geocities.com/blitzkrieg16v
AOL IM: OneSixV
MSN ID: OneSixV

On Wed, 31 Oct 2001 10:46:33 EST NastyRican1021@aol.com writes:
> is there clear tail lights for the scirocco? curious

[Disclaimer]This e-mail is strictly confidential and intended solely for the
addressee. It may contain information which is covered by legal,
professional, or other privilege. If you are not the intended addressee you
must not use, disclose, or copy this transmission. This E-mail is not
intended to impose nor shall it be construed as imposing any legally binding
obligation upon GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics Inc. and/or any of its
subsidiaries or associated companies. Neither GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics
Inc. nor any of its subsidiaries or associated companies gives any
representation or warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the
contents of this E-mail. GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics Inc. shall not be held
liable to any person resulting from the use of any information contained in
this E-mail and shall not be liable to any person who acts or omits to do
anything in reliance upon it.