Pagid pads..o.k.. or crap?

I've decided to finally get around to my neglected
16v, which gets the final hour call to bring me to Cincy.
So it gets new front brakes tomorrow, before hitting
the road to  cincy (will have to bed them this weekend). I have
in my hand a  choice..a set of Pagid pads and a set of joe-blow
(Friction-tech) semi-metallic pads. I'm prob. going
to go w/ the Pagids, but I am curious if they are
any good? These were all my parts guy had in stock,
so I can't be choosy in this final hour.
Cheers,
Kareem
1981 Scirocco S
1988 Scirocco 16v