Re: r-134a a/c conversion q's

So what's the deal with the oil in the system?  I know you have to get it
out, but is this simply done by pulling a vacuum on the system? Do you open
the system and then suck the oil out for a while before vacuuming it out or
something?  I'd end up replacing the drier and every O-ring I could find, so
maybe most of the oil will get dumped anyway, but probably not the condensor
as it is pretty acccessible right where it is.  So what do I have to do?
The system has about zero pressure in it right now, so no
recycling/tree-hugging issues.

    I'm in the market for a vacuum pump anyway, so I was considering a DIY
job.  The "conversion kits" at Advance Auto Parts looked kinda shady, but
they were cheap (like $28).  The nice gentelman informed me that I probably
don't even need a gauge (which I am not willing to believe for fear of
injuring my rocco).