Re: alignment specs

>From: eric chase person <eperson@students.uiuc.edu>

>i think your math is better than Jonas' :)
>but wouldnt it be half the diameter of the wheel, since it pivots in the
>middle?

Ok, well first I stand corrected, I guess the coffee wore off sooner than I
thought. Thanks for the correction, though.

Second, no it's not half the wheel. Total toe is measured as the difference
in destance between the leading and the trailing edge of the tire. The full
diameter. Measuring per side, toe is the difference in distance of the
leading and trailing edge to an imaginary center-line of the car.

Total toe can be measured in degrees, in which case it is the angle between
the wheels. Measuring per side, it is the angle between the wheel and the
imaginary center line above (only when equal for both sides)

Anyway, I gotta go now, work, work, work....

TTYS,
Jonas