RE: overheating-I give up

<snip Ron>
* And now for something completely different...

> Follow Ron's suggestion...

Oooof...right in the gut.  Somehow I feels that I'm
not taken very seriously very often...can someone pls.
confirm or deny?
<end snip>

No, no, no.  I'm on your side Ron.  Verify that the gauges are working
properly first.  I had this problem with my oil gauge (pressure was good,
but gauge was wrong), but I digress.  The part that was "completely
different" wasn't "following your suggestion", it was to consider something
other than the cooling system at fault.  Since Brad changed the switches,
replaced the thermostat, and flushed the system clean, I just thought there
could be something else to verify/check prior to pulling the head and
getting the water passages cleaned.  That's what I was getting at.  How
could I belittle someone who believes that an ounce of innovation is worth a
pound of overpriced tools?

BTW, Brad, since you drained and refilled the cooling system, are you sure
you have no air trapped in there?

- Brad (still trying to apply the KISS principle)
'86.5 Volkswagen Scirocco 16v
'76 International Scout II