Euro bumpers - paint or not -opinions/experiences wanted

Well, way ahead of schedule my baby is going to the body shop! So the burning
question is whether to leave the black bumpers alone or paint them. the car is
silver and I'm going to try the white tail lights on it (and will sell them if
they look bad which I can't imagine) So who has painted their Euros and how
well did it hold up, I don't want to deal with chips because the colour will
be a one-off with pearl in the clear coat and will be hard to patch. So let me
know how adhesion has been for those who have painted them and what you think
cosmetically would be the best looking, painted or not. Bumpers are "virgin"
plastic, no armor all on them or anything.