Re: [1/2 roc] White smoke

I just got the last 2.0 16v in a scirocco to crank and there's white
smoke and water in the oil. The fan never came on and the coolant spewed
out of the reservoir BUT, the white smoke was there from the start. After
it started spewing coolant is when I checked the air box and oil
cap...both white with moisture. The only two things I can narrow this
down to are 1. bum head gasket  2. cracked head.  Anyone else?

This is a fresh 2.0 bottom with what should have been a tested 1.8 head
running on CIS-E. Alan lost my head tool so a local shop did the head
rebuild.

Eric