Re: [OT] need your experience - '88 Cabby

Greg,

Don't balk because it is an automatic, just make sure that the ATF and the
DIFF fluid isn't mixing.  Any competent VW mechanic can fix the problem
for around $400 or so if they are mixing.  That is what kills vw
automatics, letting the fluids mix for too long...the diff grenades.

Now as far as the motor, I have an 88 Cabriolet engine in my 80 rocco, and
yes, it is a JH code motor, BUT it has a hydrolic head! :-) No valve
adjustment anymore! :-)

Eric

On Tue, 29 May 2001, The '84 Scirocco wrote:

> Well my wifes '88 sable has passed the money pit point and we must creamate
> it :-)   anyhow a mechanic I know has an '88 Cabby for sale, automatic, just
> wanted to hear things I should look out for when I peek at it tomorrow.
> Wife cannot drive a stick, so donšt give me an Scirocco backlash :P  Its
> enough that I may get her in a VW.  I know the top isnt perfect - anyhow
> does it have the same 1.8 that my scirocco has?  The upside is that I know
> he's selling it to me inspected already cause he's a state inspection garage
> too (missouri)
>
> Danke
>
> Greg
>

> --
> Greg Coan
> '84 Scirocco
>
> scirocco@macslut.org

Eric
Westminster, CO

76 Honda CB400F Super Sport
80 Scirocco (GF's Daily Driver)
81 Scirocco S (2.0 16v swap and complete restoration in progress)
84 Scirocco Automatic
88 Scirocco 16v (Parts car)
91 Cabriolet (2.0 8v swap and mechanical rebuild in progress)
00 Golf GL TDI (My Daily Driver)

-Kelli Fox