Re: Tyre pressures

I'm guessing higher pressure is to protect those mucho dinero 15" rims
that don't have a big cushion of rubber and air between them and those
obstacle courses that pass for roads in the UK... :)  The less give in the
(nearly non-existant) sidewall of the tire, the less likely you'll dent or
bend a rim when you dive into a hole (canyon/morass/bottomless pit of
hell.)  The cost for this protection, of course, is a ride that can only
be duplicated on a steel-wheeled tractor in a stone quarry... :)

I was going to suggest 90 - 100PSI but thought that might be a bit
extreme... :)

Drew

On Tue, 29 May 2001, Andy Holmes wrote:

> Blimey - Do you bounce down the road ;-)
>
> Why so high - Do you do a lot of high speed heavily laden work or is this a
> preferable pressure for you?
>
> I run my 185's at these pressures on track but not on the road.
>
> Andy
> 91 Scala Inj
>

> >From: thescirocco@juno.com
> >To: scalainj@hotmail.com
> >CC: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> >Subject: Re: Tyre pressures
> >Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 10:10:49 -0400
> >

> >On Tue, 29 May 2001 14:42:57 +0100 "Andy Holmes" <scalainj@hotmail.com>
> >writes:
> > > Anyone recommend pressures for 195/50/15
> > > I was using 30psi at the front and 28psi at the rear on 185/60/14
> > >

> > > Andy
> >
> >I run my 195 50 15's at 35-36 PSI...
> >
> >Peter - http://thescirocco.com -  Bear, Delaware
> >
> >                                                              '79 Scirocco
> >16V
> >'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit"
> >'84.5 Oddball Scirocco JH/FF
> >'84 GTI
> >Rollers For Sale: '79, '80, '84, '88 Scirocco

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca