RE: modifying upshift light

Hmm.. seems to me then that if you modified the unit correctly, you could
make it do exactly what Robbie wanted - if you were to hack apart the
relay and short out or otherwise modify the switch terminals for the
vacuum switch (so vacuum appeared to the unit to always appeared to be
between 5" and 20-25"), and left the circuit for detecting if the
transmission is in 5th gear open, and tried changing around some resistor
values inside the unit, I bet you could turn it in to an rpm-dependant
shift light. Once you found the appropriate resistor to change you could
substitute a potentiometer and have an rpm-adjustable shift light...

Maybe I'll look in to doing this sometime... hmm..

-Toby

--
'87 16v