Brakelight Switch - MK2 TO MK1 retrofit HELP!

OK I'm in a pinch.  The MK1 goes in first thing monday
morning for its NC inspection.  I can't get the brake
lights to work unless I push HARD on the pedal. The
mk1 system has those pressure switches on the master
cylinder. SO since I have an extra MK2 brakelight
switch and I have NO intention of spending more $$ and
delay driving this car after monday..... has anyone
out there converted to a MK2 brake switch.  I also
have basically no intention of switching the pedal
cluster but if I have to I will.  LMK if it will work
and any advanced warning about actually wiring it
would be helpful too. I'd like to have this done
before 8am tomorrow.  PLEASE CC me direct cause I'm on
digest.  TIA

=====
Dan May - Greensboro NC
1987 16V Scirocco
1979 Scirocco - 7 high build Primer layers so far!!! sanding sanding sanding sanding sanding - Paint SOOON!!!!!
1997 Tacoma 4x4 V6 Xtracab VWHAULER
http://members.aol.com/scirocco87
"I love it when a plan comes together" - Hannibal Smith