[OT Cabby] Appraisal questions

Hey Ya'll,

I got the wife interested in a cabby, at least its a VW not a Honda. And
we possibly have found one for her to purchase.

1988 Cabby
8v 5spd.

Frame and body
Ext. Red with black top
has quite a few door dings down the sides.
Found no rust

Inspected:
around the rear shock tower, or front shock towers. Or
anywere else that I could see and inspect.
Didnt pull up the rear carpet as the owner was not there and I actually
defeated the lock system inthe car. The trunk was open.

Paint
All original? or frame off paint the engine compartment and trunk area
matchthe exterior. there is a scratch deep enought to show white thru on
the hood (approx 18" long) like a keying. and there is 1 spot that has
been rubbed to white paint underneath.

Leaks.
It does leak, but I saw no rust anywhere on the car. includingthe spare
tire well.

The rear floorboard had a puddle in it. But this car has also been outside
in the rain for several days. (Guessing it was garaged before that). not
indicative of the condition of the rest of the car.

looks like the car was detailed poorly. showed signs of poorly wiped wax.
and shoed signs of dirt not completely washed off in the engine
compartment.

Engine.
8v.
leaking oil from the passenger side head. where there is a sensor of some
sort. (Bently is in GA?) (misting and coating things).
didnt hear it run. no key.

Dash crack free.

Headliner. intact and looking good.

Top.
tear driver side rear about 1" long horizontal.
passenger side front lower coner by rear window goobered a bit.

rear window silicon seal along window seal.

Interior
Seats nearly tear free but very "springy" looked like no lateral support
offered. Floor mats with 8" VW in red. Smelled musty. (any suggestions of
a fix?)

Assuming it runs and shifts good. how much do you all think its worth.

Brian (once again waay too many cars on this list :-) )
87 16v Still on jack stands hoping and praying my parts from potterman are
there when I get back.
84 cabby coming soon to a driveway near me (ATL)
88 cabby possibly coming soon to a street in Long Island. For the wife and
dog.

81S http://www.geocities.com/brianm_gt0954a
$150.00 come and get it.

81S with 16v conversion the white ones at the same address. Person wants
$1500 for it.( $350 + return (airline) ticket for delivery east of the
mississipi river and south of the US/Canada border
Fee covers Negotiation,  test drive, oil change other fluids as
required, and insurance (FULL for the trip)...

Oh possibly some other cabby too.

Finacing trips to diff car shows spreading good rocco wil