Re: Low Mileage and original Scirocco

--- JGGullion@aol.com wrote:
> Hey listees,
>
> Just out of curiosity:  Has anyone ever run across a low
> mileage and original
> scirocco?  I have always been a VW
> collector/enthusiast/driver and would like
> to see if anyone has ever run across a nice original
> example and how much was
> the owner asking for it.......... Cheers for now.
>
> Greg

I know there's an '86 in Cincy somewhere that has around
50-60k on it, owned by on elderly gentleman who bought it
new.  The '88 I looked at last week had 75k on it, asking
$3200.  Lister Jason Cammisa bought his '87 16v about 3
years ago with 28k on it for $1500.

Low mileage is nice, but at this point that means the cars
have been sitting a LOT of their life.  It's a nightmare.
My '80 has maybe 75k on it, sat for a good 13 years, and
I'm still working out the bugs.  OTOH, my 16v has nearly
200k, but was well maintained - LOOKS like it has *maybe*
80k on it, runs that way too.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 Scirocco S,                Parting out:
'82 Pickup                     '80 Scirocco
'85 Scirocco 8v                '85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v               '87 Scirocco 8v
'91 Passat
"I am who I am. What else could I be?" - Lara Fabian