Re: oil temp

Although I can't attest to the average oil temp of a 16V, poor grounds and
voltage drops can result in higher than normal guage readings.  You could
diagnose this buy using a voltmeter to read between the positive terminal
of the battery and the oil temp sender terminal and noting the reading,
then performing the same test between the sender wire on the wiring
harness that plugs into the guage and the +12V terminal on the harness
(with the sender plugged in on the other end, of course.) With the engine
in the same state for both readings, any noticeable difference would be
because of too much resistance in the sender wire or the +12V circuit to
the gauge.

Drew

On Sat, 26 May 2001, Dan Miller wrote:

> what is the normal oil temp on 16v?  mine is running at about 110º on the stock oil temp gauge, and ive replaced the unit.  replacing the temp sending unit did not chagne anything.  is this too high? also, my coolant temp is right above the warning light.  Is this too high as well?
>
> Dan miller

> Powered by Instant Portal

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca