Re: Tech Day at Daun's?

--- Jason Arms <redbug64@hotmail.com> wrote:
> List,
>
> For everyone and anyone who will be attending the annual
> rocco gathering at
> Daun's house next weekend i have a question...
>
> My '87 16v scirocco is running too rich i believe.  The
> throttle is very
> unresponcive at very high and low rpm's.  I changed the
> computers, and
> intake boot with no change.  I found a vaccum leak in the
> line that went to
> one of the computers, fixed that, no change.
>
> My question is since i believe that the car is running
> rich, does anyone who
> will be attending the gatering have the neccicary tools
> and knowhow to check
> the mixture, and change it to what it should be??  I
> would also like to
> check the timing if anyone has the tools and knowhow for
> that as well.

Yep.  Dave Bonhoff is a 16v / CIS-E tuning guru.  (Ask The
Mad Bastard).  He will be bringing all his tools for making
your 16v run right & fast.  Ben Harder is first in line.  I
don't think he's working free, but cheap...  (beer?)

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 Scirocco S,                Parting out:
'82 Pickup                     '80 Scirocco
'85 Scirocco 8v                '85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v               '87 Scirocco 8v
'91 Passat
"I am who I am. What else could I be?" - Lara Fabian