Re: Engine Problem Troubleshooting

> My car is an '88 16v...believe it is
> CIS-E.
>
> David

OK, Lets consider the following: When cold, the car sprays extra fuel in
the mix to enriched it while it gets up to temp. Then it leans out
trying for that elusive perfect balance between rich and lean.

1. Something is not right when @ normal temps.
2. It could be an imbalance in air to fuel ratio OR it could be
something else like timing but it's masked by the over rich condition of
a cold start.

What are your temps like when you are driving around? Are you missing
coolant you can explain? Oil?  Any strange puddles?

I'd run a big bottle of Techroline through it on a quarter tank of gas
and see if it clears up the low end trouble. Might be a simple as poor
misting by the injectors.

TBerk
How much you going to pay me if I accurately diagnose it?    : ])
PS - If I keep this up I will have to drop a 16v in the wabbit.