[mk2][tech][brakes] What size flare wrench do I need?

What is the correct size flare wrench for brake fittings on a mk2 8v? I've
been getting by with a standard wrench (I  know, I know..) but want to get
a metric one. I think it's either 11 or 12mm ? Also, what is the size of
the "compression nut" that screws into the nut you hold with the flare?
(Mine are somewhat corroded and I think I may be using one size too big)

I need this tool to replace my rear brake lines with the steel ones I got
from Potterman. Space seems to be tight back there. Does VW expect us to
drop the rear axle in order to have more room or what. I can get my hands
in there, but a flare wrench?

thanks,

___Wojciech Galecki___
'84 8v Scirocco