Re: poor man's hot rodding

In a message dated 5/22/01 4:25:26 PM EST, tberk@mindspring.com writes:

<< The 16v is not as moddable as the 8 valve >>
 I would beg to differ on that comment . I challenge you to find one thing
power wise you can buy or do to a 8v you cant do to a 16v .

I think if you were to go for 160 hp in a 8v and 160 hp in a 16v I bet it
would cost about the same maybe even less in a 16v . Starting with a 2.0 on
both for arguments sake of starting with the best and similar size engines
the 16v is already 19hp ahead of the 8v .

My experience being that I dropped a bone stock , burned up(everything not
metal was melted), Passat motor in my rabbit and only bolted on a TT race DP
and exhaust and layed down 126hp to the wheels . That equates to near 150
right there , now with a pair of cams and a fuel enrichment module or
Motronic swap I think you could make 10 more hp fairly easy .

No flame intended just playing devils advocate for the 16v camp .

Jasin
MK1 S
45s?