Re: r-134a a/c conversion q's

I actually got certified for A/C conversions through MAC and ASE but I can't
tell you for sure if they are doing the conversions the same.  I was told
that the oil had to be changed in the compressor and in the system (so it
would have to be totally evacuated then the compressor drained), then there
were valves that needed to be changed and the receiver dryer replaced along
with the fittings.  All in all the conversion would cost $400 plus dollars
but I have seen some places advertising 49.95 conversions where they just
evacuate the system, swap the fittings, recharge with the proper amount of
R-134A and ship it!  I don't know if this will help or not but if it does,
great!!

Dave