Re: OT: how to build sound system?

  Is that for the Warpig? :-)

  I think it is easier to keep the good audio system in the house, but I
understand how one might want to build one for the road also.

  Ideally, you want mid and highs as close to ear level as possible. In
a Scirocco, that does not leave much room! I do not know how you could
achieve that without cutting holes in the dash. Mid and highs are
critical becau they give you presence and direction.

  The other consideration is bass. With small modern infinite baffles
(sealed enclosures), you get a reasonable bass. BUT, the lowest
frequency you can reproduce without distortion in an small space like a
Scirocco is about 120 Hz. Given road and engine noise, that is not too
bad.

  With a suitable enclosure, I suspect two 4" woofers in a custom
enclosure will give as good results as one 8" woofer. That might give
you more flexibility for speaker placement, they could even fit in the
space above and below the standard 4x6. Fortunatley, bass is
non-directional, so you can place those in teh rear without too much
trouble.

  Any other ideas?

	Jean-Claude