Scirocco fuel tank leak

Ewan:

My 87 16V had fuel tank replaced under USA recall.  Pro XXXX dealer mech
omitted or did not replace some of the steel clamps that secure a funky
steel pipe that goes from tank to pump.  Check it out and replace both
pipe and clamps.  NOt real easy access though.  If this is problem and
you can not find them, I probably still have part #s from my repair.
Dealer only parts here in USA $$$$$$.

Or tank itself could be leaking.  Good time to repalce stock rear brake
lines?

HTH,

 -- Brian D./OH
How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all...
Firesign Theatre